recent work

primitive man

Jun 18, 2008
west midlands
Hi all I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I would show you some pictures of some of my recent work.

All blades are 3.5mm 01 tool steel

IMG_0230.jpg

First up is one of my NSK (neck survival knife blades) with a scandi grind just needs a little polish then its all finished

IMG_0231.jpg

Next up are two NSK blades with high and full flat grinds and one GPK (general purpose knives) with a nice high grind and secondary bevel
IMG_0232.jpg

Two more carving blades on the bench ready to be worked on
IMG_0229.jpg

A few mor blade ready for handles
IMG_0233.jpg

Next is a yew handled NSK that is waiting for brass fittings
IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

And finally a sambar stag handled NSK in the process of curing after being glued up
IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

And a few pics of my poor grinder after all the hard work its done and after the adjustments made to the table as parts had to be ground down as they were catching
IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

here some pictures of a sambar stag handled knife with black liners that ive been working on recently

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

This is one of my NSK blades handled in yew, still load of work to be done just waiting for more belts

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

and all the work was done on my trusty multitool grinder
IMG_0257.jpg

many thanks Alex

primitive man

Jun 18, 2008
west midlands
Thanks mate lots of work to be done on the yew one as the scales are thick but the grains really nice. And yes the grinders brilliant just waiting on a delivery of belts and steel to finish and make some more knives.

many thanks Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE