Reccomdation For Walking Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 11, 2006
Lancashire
What the hell is 'wicking', sounds painful to me! :)

Ratbag, I don't want to have to put on 5 different layers just to take the dog for a walk or go down the shops. I'm really after something that can do a bit of everything. Thanks for your help though.

Having looked at the suggestions I like the look of the Paramo Cascada.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
"Cotton kills", as we're told on our offshore survival course. Jeans and T-shirt aren't best suited to wet conditions (be it on the way to the shops or bobbing around in the North Sea waving at helicopters).

If anyone is still interested in doing the Michelin man impression (layering), and has cash to burn, merino wool currently tops the list for best base layer; particularly for long durations.

Of course, when I say 'tops the list', I understand that this is open to the usual lengthy debate about the merits of the various petroleum-refined and natural fabrics.

And the Buffalo purists will, I hope, understand that I'm now talking about a separate base layer (although I have, whisper it, worn merino under my Special 6).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've had a *lot* of jackets over the years, killed a lot of them too since my work is hard on clothing.
For hillwalking and the like I prefer Lowe Alpine's triple point ceramic jackets. They wear well, regardless of the weather, they wash and they last.
For everything else outdoors I like wax jackets. They're warm, waterproof, fireproof, snag resistant, and it's easy to open them up for ventilation too; basic no fuss and no bother jackets. :D
Just my tuppence worth.

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE