Reasonably priced back pack for walking.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R-Tron 3108

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2014
Nottinghamshire
I'm looking for advice.
I require a reasonably priced back pack for walking and days out.
Im not looking to carry enough to set up camp but a flask or cook set along with general day excursion essentials must be accommodated with ease.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Berghaus Munro for me. It's a good size daysack (35 litres) that will meet your needs.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Berghaus Munro for me. It's a good size daysack (35 litres) that will meet your needs.

Munro here too. No bells or whistles but as tough as they come. I find it comfortable to wear all day and you can just about squeeze an overnighter kit into it with a little creative kit selection.

Depends what you mean by reasonably priced though, the Munro comes in about £50-60, but I know it'll probably never need replacing.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I think you must let us know your budget, as what is reasonable to one is expensive to another.

Vaude, Lowe alpine, osprey, berghaus about 25 to 35 ltrs, best thing is go to a store and try a few, better outdoor places will have weight to put in them. The fit is important, I don't know your size, tall, short, fat or thin. I have a Vaude and the back is adjustable others don't.

Do you intent to use it for walking or just carrying gear a short distance, there is a lot of variables, my pack I use for hill walking is different from my bushcraft bag, as they say horses for courses.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I think you must let us know your budget, as what is reasonable to one is expensive to another.

Vaude, Lowe alpine, osprey, berghaus about 25 to 35 ltrs, best thing is go to a store and try a few, better outdoor places will have weight to put in them. The fit is important, I don't know your size, tall, short, fat or thin. I have a Vaude and the back is adjustable others don't.

Do you intent to use it for walking or just carrying gear a short distance, there is a lot of variables, my pack I use for hill walking is different from my bushcraft bag, as they say horses for courses.

"Im not looking to carry enough to set up camp but a flask or cook set along with general day excursion essentials must be accommodated with ease."

R-Tron 3108

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2014
Nottinghamshire
I've spent 20-30 quid before and have been disappointed with build quality as the bag did not last. Spendin a little more is going to make sense.
It's going to be a day tripper. Cook set and a few essentials for a day out.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Have a look at the Karrimor SF stuff; Predator 35 or Sabre 35, bombproof and carry a small load as nicels as a larger one with the design of the compression straps. Either one of those is my go-to daypack these days, and I don't see that changing in a hurry.

ledders666

Jun 6, 2010
bath
I used a Karrimor sabre 45l for a long time.

Now i use a Lowapline pro 35-45 which fits my back better, for longer days or overnighters. And have a 25l lowalpine as a smaller one I find the airzone back thingy really comfey and nice in summer.

....I do have my karrimor sabre 45l for sale with extra side pockets if your interested....

Last edited:

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
Or a 5.11 Rush 12 and Bug out/Piper Gear 3 Day Pass both of which I have and are very good.

I have heard nothing but praise for Munros and Karrimor SF Sarbes to.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I currently use a Highlander ProForce 25, which I think is good value for money (£20, ebay). It is not perfect, but it works fine.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Recommend Munro, had on for about 18 years it was nearly yellow and was eventually persuaded to throw it away. HM Supplies used to sell their version called a Ronum which was also good. Check them out

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Have you looked at the Osprey Tempest/Talon range?

If you are travelling light, a PLCE side pocket may also be suitable.

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE