Really Good Leather Belt - Suggestions?

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I'm after a really good leather belt suitable for hanging all the usual stuff from (pouch, knife, monocular, camera) an also holding up trousers ;)

Any suggestions - or ideas on prices from you fine leather workers.

Thanks,

Tim

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Very odd for me but I got the woodlore one and I love it... I have even abseiled 60 feet using it... scary as hell but it didn't seem to mind. expensive but good

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
There are still quirks, and if you are looking at the list at the bottom, that's who is on now.

PM him, he's a very nice, helpful chap. Faultless work too.

leon-1

I'm after a really good leather belt suitable for hanging all the usual stuff from (pouch, knife, monocular, camera) an also holding up trousers ;)

Any suggestions - or ideas on prices from you fine leather workers.

Thanks,

Tim

When will people learn:D.

Buying belts is an expensive thing, belt straps are normally only 3mm. If you want a good thick belt buy the bits from LePrevo and make one, it'll work out cheaper and you get exactly what you want.

I have made a number of basic belts with bits from them and depending on how you want to make it (stitched or riveted) it can be very quick to do.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Try to find a British army leather belt wit brass buckle. I use this, actually very beautiful, belt for years now and it has a great stiffness.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
When will people learn:D.

Buying belts is an expensive thing, belt straps are normally only 3mm. If you want a good thick belt buy the bits from LePrevo and make one, it'll work out cheaper and you get exactly what you want.

I have made a number of basic belts with bits from them and depending on how you want to make it (stitched or riveted) it can be very quick to do.

As above, Why not have a go yourself? just to dabble you'll need:
an awl, thread,needles, bit of beeswax, a suitable buckle and a belt strap. You can get the lot from Le Prevo, I cant remember exact prices but an awl's only a couple of quid, needles £1;50 for 25, wax 80p, thread another couple of quid, buckles from about £1;75 to £3;00 depending on style and size and they will cut you a strap to match the buckle any thickness you like. the only other thing is whether to dye it, leave it natural or buy pre dyed strap. I'm really just guessing but I think you could get everything you need for well under £20, not counting postage.
if you get stuck with anything you can always ask on here or pm.
go on, you know you want to really!;)
I really am a great believer in trying to encourage people to widen their skills base and knowledge. To be honest, for me, that is one of the fundamentals of what people call 'Bushcraft'
knid regards R.B.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I've made a note of the list and am going to have a go. I'll let you all know how I get on. Won't try for a few weeks, though. Busy with other stuff.

Thanks.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Inspired by the rancid badger I'm going to have a go at this. Who knows I may do a good job and not make myslelf bleed that much ;). I'll let you all know how I do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE