Reading Festival

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Daughter Lotty is off in the morning to the festival... I need to sit her down and explain how to pack ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• LOTTY BERGEN.jpg
    LOTTY BERGEN.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 155
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Oh, she looks really organised.

You should see some of them trolling out of Reading station - bags dragging on the ground, straps wrapped around their necks, cutting off circulation, you would not believe it.

Mind you at least most have got wellies - first time I went to Glastonbury there was a girl tottering in on white stilletos - the mud was already 4" deep inside.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I learned about 4 years ago bivvy bags aren't suitable for glasto! I think it's still under the mud somewhere. Looks well prepared

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Heh.

Just canister gas seems banned.

Disposable BBQs, solid fuel and alcohol stoves all permitted at the campsite apparently. Pretty hard to see why the discriminate like that.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Heh.

Disposable BBQs, solid fuel and alcohol stoves all permitted at the campsite apparently. Pretty hard to see why the discriminate like that.

Old Campin Gaz® stoves "borrowed" from parents after sitting in damp garage for twenty years going BOOM is the popular reason.:D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
It's because people throw canisters in the fires on the last day. I remember going when I was 16 ish and I cleared out pretty damn quick on Monday morning. I also seemed to be the only one packing and carrying home all my gear.

I live in reading and overheard a guy in a hardware shop today saying he was a scout master and that hes going on Monday to collect tents. said that 70% just get left behind!

I hate this disposable goods attitude!

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
I saw either a link on the tinternet or a news item on tv about charities that go around these events afterwards collecting all the usable tents, airbeds etc and clean them up and give them to homeless charities/drop in centres......do the ticket prices include some sort of tax for helping in the monumental clean ups afterwards I wonder?

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
Yeh the fields are grazing land most of the year. There's a pretty big clean up operation. I was saying to the OH earlier I'd like to see what percentage of the ticket price went to clearing up over-privileged under-appreciative people's crap.

When I went carling were sponsoring and if you took a full bin bag to their tent you got a free beer. Pretty good deal and I got quite a lot of free bet for doing what I normally do anyway.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
At the V festival in Shropshire about 20,000 tents were abandoned after the event finished, though the discarded tents are picked up and issued to various charitable causes a large percentage of them are trashed and ruined and not suitable for re-use, they reckon only about 3-4 thousand out of 20,00 are fit to be re-used again. Also other things like sleeping bags are left behind for others to clean up as well and they too are re-distributed by charities. Incidentally those discarded tents and sleeping bags are sent to be cleaned by the prisoners of Kirkham Open Prison.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Heh.

If I'd known I'd have given her a couple of Trangia's to take.

Looking online it seems idiots like throwing cans of gas and deodorants on fires for fun

Throwaway BBQs are 2 for £10. Daughter said there are burn marks in the grass everywhere. A small pizza and a burger cost her @ £18...still she is having a good time :)

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
My daughter went in 2013 and 2014, and said everything was double dear. The toilet facilities disgusted her the most, so much so that she paid to use the toilets in the Selco's across the road. She still had a great time though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE