Re furbed Billhook

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Finally finished the skip find billhook. Nine days in molasses Got rid of the rust. The two edges were very badly nicked, so I flattened them right back and reprofiled them. The blade is quite pitted, but it adds character. I've epoxied the Boxwood handle
back together, sanded it down and two coats of oil, and lightly oiled the blade. Not quite shaving sharp, but sharp enough to work with.

Before,
010.jpg 004.jpg 003.jpg

002.jpg

After,
001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

004.jpg

Enjoy.
Colin.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Nice work mate, amazing what a bit of elbow grease can do to someone elses bit of junk. You just need to make a sheath for it now:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Your winding me up with lovely things today, first a bearded axe with nice mask and now the finished job on the billhook (which you know I'm a fan of). Really good job that and looks like she'll be a pleasure to use.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Very nice restoration there Colin goodjob

Thanks Steve.

Your winding me up with lovely things today, first a bearded axe with nice mask and now the finished job on the billhook (which you know I'm a fan of). Really good job that and looks like she'll be a pleasure to use.

HeHeHee, just waiting for you to get back on the forum, Oh yeah you might have missed this001.jpg Cheers.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I reckon that's a great restoration - and the glued original handle seems to have worked out just fine; I love to keep 'em as original as possible, adds to the "back from the dead" vibe!.....Nice one Colin, atb mac

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thanks Steve.

HeHeHee, just waiting for you to get back on the forum, Oh yeah you might have missed thisView attachment 20453 Cheers.

argh.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE