Razorback brand axes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodwalker1987

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2010
essex
Greeting folks, has anyone ever used/owned one of the above mentioned axes? any good? they boast a high carbon steel head and are looking very cheap ie. double bit working axe 21quid?!

woodwalker1987

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2010
essex
damn! gonna have to wait for payday then shipping - its american by the looks of things, maybe our friends across the pond have heard of them?!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I was going to say - I'll be intrigued what the shipping is from the US on such a large item. Don't forget that you will laso be liable for VAT and customs charges plus a £10 parcel force handling charge when it gets here as well!

Red

woodwalker1987

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2010
essex
well thought out red,

i shall email them and get them to quote for me! if it works out who knows we may be on to something!? however if we havent already found them there may be a reason why!

woodwalker1987

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2010
essex
Oh and by the way i am aware that i am a newbie here although a longtime bushcrafter, i have not formally intro'd myself as some places prefer you to but here's my introduction just in case! its a great forum and i am proud to be a member!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
well thought out red,

Nope - just painful experience:eek:

Had one large parcel charged over $100 shipping , then got hit for about £40 import duty, VAT and handling. Worked out about treble the purchase price in the finish.

Flipsider is some small and cheap stuff cost me about $5 shipped in a standard weight pre-paid envelope.

Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not. My fear on this puppy is might end up costing almost as much as a GB working axe - which would be a pity not to own if the price was similar

I do have a couple of "Valley Forge" double bits which I must get round to re-hanging eventually and then passing on

Red

woodwalker1987

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2010
essex
i agree mate seems the packaging is going to sting on first look but am going for it on the emails hoping something will come up! i would like to try a gb working axe i use a single bit near enough every day and fancy a double shake things up a bit!

woodwalker1987

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2010
essex
Not yet! bought my land rover instead and am pottering about with that at the moment!

do want to give it a try though, the shipping does still seem ugly though even if the axe looks alright! will keep you posted!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE