Ray Mears Wilderness Axe and Ochsenkopf Side Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Couple of axes for sale that just aren't getting any use :eek:

First up is a Ray Mears Wilderness axe, not used other than playing with it on a spoon blank just for fun ! The leather sheath has some cosmetic roughing/marking along the top edge where I think it may have been nibbled by a mouse while stored in the shed :rolleyes: only cosmetic though, doesn't affect the use at all.

These sell currently for £115 plus p&p, this is as good as new, other than the marks on the sheath, so would like £85 please plus £8 towards p&p. Payment by paypal only please (fees included in price), over 18 years of age only, and shipping to UK mainland only. SOLD, THANKS

Next up is a German Ochsenkopf side or carpenters axe, single bevel on right hand side only, these cost £87 new http://www.workshopheaven.com/tools...Hatchet.html?gclid=CN_9xPCF0LoCFbLJtAodCzwAwQ

I stripped the paint and lacquer off of the head and handle and oiled the handle with a few coats of boiled linseed oil, also cut off the nail pull section at the back of the head to make it easier to choke up on the head in use. The link above says it is a head weight of 1kg and overall weight of 1.3kg, my (will smwbo's :)) kitchen scales suggest it's not far off 1.5kg total weight and is a bit bigger and heavier than I need for wee spoon blanks !

£45 for this one please plus £8 towards p&p, paypal only (fees included in price), over 18 years of age only, and UK mainland shipping only. SOLD, THANKS

Cheers, Paul

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE