Ray Mears - which programme/ series ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Knightfisher8

Forager
Nov 17, 2010
Scotland
Ray Mears - which programme/ series ?

im looking for bushcraft what is the ray mears series im looking for ? ?

and is the wild food series in britain ?

knightfisher

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Any of his Ultimate Survival series is full of bushcraft as well as his Bushcraft series which explores bushcraft more than survival. Wild Food is set in Britain.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
i like ray but you'll have to go back a bit to get some useful stuff.i feel he's lost his way lately.i agree the tracks series is good.

Knightfisher8

Forager
Nov 17, 2010
Scotland
I watched bushcraft in sweden lastnight , hour long programme , inc - knife making , and making a stove out a pine log !!! I also fancy trying pine needle tea after seeing him make it ! The guy that make the skis out of pine was also really good to see.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Tracks??? There were 48 odd episodes...

48!? Any idea where to find them all? i watched the ones on youtube and i would say its the most useful show Ray has done so far. Especially as it was set in Britain!

I also agree about the comment where he has lost his way... any recent shows ive not enjoyed them really at all.

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
48!? Any idea where to find them all?

Hi all,

I´ve taped 26 episodes years ago and converted them from VHS to DVD

1. Natural remedies: greater plantain/yarrow/meadowsweet/dock
2. Hedgerow food: chicken-of-the-woods/burdock/pignut
3. Elderberry cane/digging stick/bushmen’s waterpit & egg/tin can fishing
4. Birch: woodman’s tea/birch polypore/birch bark
5. Fire drill/sphagnum-moss egg cooking
6. Woodland shelter
7. Rabbit in earth pit
8. Water(filter)
9. Snow shelters
10. Cordage: nettle/tree roots/willow/’backpack’
11. Navigation in the woods
12. River crossing
13-14. Scotland: meadowsweet/horse chestnut/woodsorrel/dock/wild ransoms/´dagkoekoeksbl.´ (accid. taped over…)
15. Tracking wildlife
16. Beachcombing: edible seaweed
17. Fungi: utility
18. Canoeing: hogweed/water hemlock/comfrey
19. Flint knapping
20. Fungi: edibility
21. Salmon cooking
22. Cattail
23. Pine resin
24. Food for free: crab apple/sweet chestnut/beech nut/rosehip
25. Roving
26. Shellfish & noodles: cockles/razorshell/Alexander’s/beet

I´ve got another DVD from a kind member of this forum with 18 episodes on it. Most of them are doubles (some with different editing though) but about 5 episodes are not on the first DVD, the sound of this second DVD is running progressively out of tune with the vision.

I don´t know how many episodes there can be found on the internet now but if someone wants to trade a copy of these DVD´s or better still, can put them on Youtube send me a PM.

Cheers,

Tom

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Wow, would love to see these episodes! unfortunately i don't have anything to trade. I could help find other shows/dvd's Ray has done tho.

I found 10 eps of tracks here and also a few other episodes of different shows he has done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE