Ray Mears, Heroes of the Telemark passaround

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Hi all. Got Ray Mears Heroes of the telemark book up for a passaround. Originally given to me by Loz. Just pm me and i'll post it off. If you miss the book first time around put your name down so the person knows who to post it off to once they have finished it (if that makes sense:rolleyes: )

Really really good book by the way it was a fantastic read.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
My understanding of copyright with regard to books is that it is not the same as with DVDs.
As I understand it you cannot lend, re-sell or hire out the book if you do so in any other form of binding or cover OTHER than that in which it has been published. So as long as it's in the original binding it was sold in it you should be OK. That's my interpretation anyway. :)

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
if it was a copyright breach to lend books, surely that would put libraries in a bit of a tight spot?!!
Marts is 100% right btw - as long as the book is in its original state, its all good.
i'd be interested in lending if the thread is still active

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi,

I currently have possession of the book and am about 1/3 way through so yes the thread is still very much active. Jamie can you PM me to let me know where to send the book onto next.

:)

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Matt you have pm mate.

Book is on its way to cccc next.

gorilla the thread is still very much active, your next after cccc if you don't mind waiting a while :rolleyes: :D

Jamie

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
This may not mean much on a bushcraft issue but as a point to note the 'Commandos' that were in the two gliders that crashed on Op Freshman - the first failed attempt to get troops in to sabotage the Heavy Water Plant - were not commandos at all. They were in fact Royal Engineers from 9 Field Company (Airborne), at that time part of the newly forming 1st Airborne Division later to be almost destroyed at Arnhem. I discussed this with Ray Mears last year when I was on the Fundamental Bushcraft but he was adamant that they were commandos since that was how they were described in the contemporary documents, of course for security at the time this was the case but the facts are as I stated - if anybody is interested I can supply the names of the men concerned. The 9th Coy were reformed after Arnhem and formed part of the allied relieving forces in Norway in 1945 where they exhumed those bodies that were found and reinterred them in a war grave with full military honours.
If you would like to see one of the heavy water generating cells taken from the hydro plant a Vermork as well as some of the artifacts recovered from the op Freshman mission then visit the Royal Engineers Museum in Chatham Kent. If you want to, let me know you are coming and if I'm free I'll show you round as I do voluntary work for the Museum.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Keep a look out for "We die alone" by David Howarth, the story of JanBaalsrud's escape through Norway in 1943 after a failed mission, its an inspiring read

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE