Ray Mears first book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

jamesHarrisonAkers

ive got a few mears books and as spamel has i got my book singed by him at leed october last year but ill never sell mine. i dont think i could anyway because he signed to james ray mears so if i did sell it. it would help if the person who bought it was named james aswell ha ha

J

jamesHarrisonAkers

just a list of the few books i ve got to do with my love of outdoors and travel

1, ray mears essential bushcraft, the singed one
2. ray mears outdoor survival handbook
3, ray mears and gordon hillman wild food hardback
4, map and compass the art of navigation
5, the trappers bible, traps, snares, and pathguards
6, collins british wildlife
7, easy wildfood guide
8, readers digest field guide to trees and shrubs of britain ha ha raders digest
9, ewan mcgregor and charlie boorman long way round
DVDS
1, ray mears wildfood
2, ray mears bushcraft survival series two
3, ewan mcgregor and charlie boorman longway round
4, ewan mcgregor and charlie boorman longway down
5, shouldnt really do this but downloaded the complete ray mears collection of file sharing

ive enjoyed reading and studying them all took a log time though

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
DVD 5, I understand completely. Once they come out on DVD, you can bet that I will be buying them to replace my downloads. I also won't sell my Survival Handbook. Ray signed it just above his name that is printed on the first page, so no name other than his would make it easy to shift, but my brother bought me that book at great expense and sent it out to me in Iraq for my 30th Birthday. I can be very sentimental about things when people I love go above and beyond to find something I really want.

J

jamesHarrisonAkers

i was in the army but got medicaly discharged before i finished training cracked my knee cap hope you ok after being over there. the only trouble i have is i have got one of them familys that only think about there selfs i dont even think i should belong to this family half the time as i would do anything for anybody. so i bought them all myself. i would really like to get into a group of freinds that enjoys bushcraft and being outdoors for more than a night a year. for the most time im out on myself and cant afford these courses. i would go back in army god knows ive tried but i have tattoos on my hands and neck now after my last career which i wish i never had. well happy camping and so on

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Where are you living James, it may help if people knew as they could try and sort a trip out with you. If you are any where near me, I'll go out on a trip with you. Currently, I tend to scuff about in the local woods and Ratbag and myself have some lime bark retting, but I can meet up and pass on a bit of knowledge if you are any where near me.

J

jamesHarrisonAkers

i live in sheffield south yorkshire i live really near the peak district and derbyshire its a big place but hardly any woodland where you can camp where do you live i would be willing to travel to meet up with like minded people and it would get me out of this rubbish city for a while lol

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Silkstone! Other side of the motorway from Barnsley so you are well withing range! T'other weekend, Ratbag and myself went up Wharncliff Crags for a mooch about. We stopped and made some proper coffee and grabbed some good thick birch bark for projects. Maybe we could set up a day meet for people willing to travel or grab a lift and maybe go up the Crags or the reservoir opposite. There are loads of us in the area. Whereabouts in Sheffield exactly are you? My folks live in High Green.

J

jamesHarrisonAkers

well thats where i live in high green right next to the big block of flats i go in wharncliffe and grenoside often and moorhall i think its called

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
There are two versions of this book; the 1990 original and a reprint from The Promotional Reprint Company in 1994 (ISBN 1-85648-180-8). Only difference is that in the original the photos are on glossy 'photo' paper and in the reprint they are on 'normal' paper (still colour!).

Ah you mean that I've only got the reprint :rolleyes: not bothered realy as I got it for a fiver at a local book shop a very long time ago and I have no intention of selling it, it's a nice little book :D I also think it's one of Ray's better books from a practical point of view

J

jamesHarrisonAkers

which catergory is it under and whats the thread called mate i definetly join you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE