Ray Mears Belarus Music - I have to know before I go mad!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

steve2232

Hi

Does anyone know the music from Ray's Belarus episode. It's the bit where he receives a pair of hand-made shoes. I have only seen the episode when it originally aired on BBC TV. Oddly, the music has been changed, on what I presume is the DVD version, as all youtube clips have the new music. Why? I can only assume for copyright purposes, or something legal.

The original music was acoustic/electro acoustic guitar, circa 70s or 80s band (I remember hearing the track in my teens). The new music sounds like a traditional Belarus song. Only people who remember the original episode will have a clue what I'm talking about.

Please help me to overcome this impasse! I haven't been able to function for years.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have just watched the DVD version and yes it is traditional music but I do remember he did use a lot of Big Country and Clannad music in the old programs.

Big Country stuff used was mainly from the crossing, steeltown and seer albums. Clannad stuff was from any of their albums that they had which is loads it was used a lot on old BBC and ITV programs from the 80's onwards as it was easy listening and folky :) hope that helps

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
They used a lot of Lamb music, I think the main one was Fear of Fours. Even the title was one of theirs.

[video=youtube;hF4BkFh1FYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF4BkFh1FYs[/video]

pilotlight

Jan 7, 2012
Northumberland
is it the traditional music your'e after or the 70's/80's stuff?

I do recall hearing simon and garfunkel on the episode, 'felling groovy', which I thought was a bit strange?

just seen the clip again, it's a russian polka, what i don't know...house boss might know?

Last edited:
S

steve2232

Hi

Cheers everyone. Unfortunately, it's none of the above. I've listened to all the album tracks on Amazon. It definitely wasn't any electronica. I reckon it was a 70s or 80s rock band, as I remember the track from my youth. If anyone has a recording of the original tv episode (unlikely), Shazaam would find it!

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE