ray mears bedroll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
Hi folks, does anyone know what the tent type item is that ray mears used in the walkabout series, its the one with the integral fly sheet which had his sleeping bag etc rolled up in?

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
I have been trawling the net and have come across lots of swags but none seem to be like it, i have also tried slowing down the bit in the programme where he uses it to try and read the name on the straps but cant make it out (sad i know):rolleyes:

Dec 16, 2007
Hi folks, does anyone know what the tent type item is that ray mears used in the walkabout series, its the one with the integral fly sheet which had his sleeping bag etc rolled up in?

This is all well and good and is only good if you are using a vehical but if your tabbing it then they are very big. I myself have been using for a few years now just a termarest in an army gortex bivibag with the sleeping bag all rolled up, lightweight and easy to strap to a bergan. Get to your location take off unroll and put up your basha job done and costs less than an aussie swag. All you need for an extra comfy life is to add a hammock, what more can be said.

Swampy

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
Use an Army Bivi bag, and if you want to keep the flies out, then just put a black bin bag over your head and tie tightly round the neck. honestly, after a few minutes in that, the flies will be the least of your worries.

Thats a good idea gary but i like to test these things before i try them myself, now who do i know daft enough to let me use them as a test dummy??? LOL:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE