Ray Mears 25th Anniversary knife.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello FltSgt , You may want to try British Blades or UK Blades forum for potential buyers , although there are plenty here as well , good luck with the potential sale.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A couple have gone for around £450 on here lately

If you do a search for "25th" you should get some hits

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
It is probably worth £2 in steel, £2 in wood, £5 in fittings a couple more quid in the box and about £100 quid in labour and the rest is just what ever people with too much money are willing to pay

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
I personally would not buy anything with a 'celebs' name on it due to the fact that you are going to paying big buck just for the privilege.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
I personally would not buy anything with a 'celebs' name on it due to the fact that you are going to paying big buck just for the privilege.

because its a complete crime to make a profit and be successful in what you do? can you do everything ray mears can, and if so why are you on this forum and not earning money teaching people on courses and being on TV?? i dont see him here do you??
but of course as soon as the useless bear grylls is mentioned everyone sticks up for him and tries to find the good parts in his suicidal stunts and tacky serrated plastic knives.

sorry, that had been building up for a while...

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Gentleman and women please lets show some decorum here, this is not how we usually act here what's got into you all! I urge you all to put your handbags down and enjoy some pine needle tea if you would!

In answer to the op John D was about right,

I think they sold for about £350 and some will pay extra on top of that if they're collectors etc. It's worth what someone will pay for it I guess, and as long as it "stays in fashion" if you know what I mean it will always be worth its original value if it is unused!

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
because its a complete crime to make a profit and be successful in what you do? can you do everything ray mears can, and if so why are you on this forum and not earning money teaching people on courses and being on TV?? i dont see him here do you??
but of course as soon as the useless bear grylls is mentioned everyone sticks up for him and tries to find the good parts in his suicidal stunts and tacky serrated plastic knives.

sorry, that had been building up for a while...

Well scorpio, I think you have bitten the hand of some shares your sentiment. For your information, I think that Ray Mears is the best exponent of the bushcraft genre in the mass media at the moment. He is truly knowledgeable presenter of a series of informative TV programs and way ahead of the rest of the field. However, the prices that are on offer on his website are vastly over inflated on the basis that their is a RM or Wolflore logo on them. Bear Grylls and Lofty Wiseman have knives and equipment on sale which is follows suit. I am sure the US market has people that do the same. If people wish to pay those prices, that is none of my business.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
The 25th anniversary knive is a damn fine knife made by a very skilled Smith, ( hand forged. )
Its price, when released, was comparable to those charged by the superb Stuart Mitchel or Alan Wood,
With a bit added on due to its 'limited run' and RM status.
Too expensive for most of us?, sure, but not stupidly so.
I would keep it if you can afford to, otherwise, good luck with the sale!
Chris.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I stand by my original answer which isn't mickey taking in any form. It does depend on who is willing to pay what.
Two posts and both weird questions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE