Rare Newt ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Earthpeace

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2006
France
Hi everyone
Do any of you know what this newt is? Is it rare?
We have alot of them around us, I hand reared some from eggs once. This one has taken up residence in our bathroom. :D Not joking we have all sorts living in are bathroom tree frogs, these newts,slugs :eek: , snails, mice and shrews.
We don't mind sharing are bathroom with nature too much, you just have to watch your step. :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I reckon (by looking in my book) that is a marbled newt, triturus marmoratus, and if it is, you are in western France. It doesn't say if it is rare or not.........

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Yup tis indeed Triturus Marmoratus you lucky person they are beautiful :) That one looks like a male as they have a low crest where as the females have a nice orange stripe running down the spine - in case you hadn't guessed I am a keen herpetologist loving all things scaly and slippery with the exception of my ex wife :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE