Random Pics From Recent Outings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
These are pics from a couple of recent outings in the same area last week. I took my youngest on a walk to get her out of the house for a day and let her run wild like the wild little creature she is.

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

She discovered a squirrel's dining room.

DSC_0253.jpg

and we found the signs of a coyote passing through the area.

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

Then I went back the next Tuesday looking for more tracks. I have been looking for bear tracks ever since I found some piles of bear scat back during the summer. I didn't find any bear tracks but it was a nice day out anyway.

It is a mostly deciduous forest.

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5374.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

I did find several more tracks to follow on the dirt roads that had recently been rained on.

DSC_0124.jpg

A Blackhawk Medi-Vac helicopter flew over and I snapped a series of pics. I'll post a few and spare you the other 15.

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

More coyote tracks

DSC_0164.jpg

Some interesting scat

DSC_0167.jpg

Stopped for a snack

IMG_5386.jpg

Then I found some Bobcat tracks to follow

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0198cropped.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0200cropped.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

I thought this stump might have been fatwood but it wasn't, maybe maple...it was pretty hard in the center still.

IMG_5401.jpg

Soon the shadows were getting long and it was time to head home. You can see my shadow in the center of this shot.

IMG_5398.jpg

A shot of the sunset as I was leaving.

IMG_5412.jpg

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hello again friend,great pictures as always Mistwalker.Man i envy you on those animal track pictures,wish we had those round here. What i also like about your pics you have put on here(past and present) is how i can view your seasons and the changes. Looks like the little one had a great time and i see you still love your blades. Regards

Darren

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Nice photography, Brian; especially liked the sunset shot. So that's what late winter looks like in the Tennessee wilderness... great spot you have to roam.

Jack

Hello again friend,great pictures as always Mistwalker.Man i envy you on those animal track pictures,wish we had those round here. What i also like about your pics you have put on here(past and present) is how i can view your seasons and the changes. Looks like the little one had a great time and i see you still love your blades. Regards

Darren

Thanks Darren, Yes our seasons are really pronounced and easy to tell the difference. We have a lot of wildlife here in this area I can see deer, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, possums, hawks, and owls just in my own yard since my land is backed up against the undeveloped side of a mountain. I have even seen coyotes running through the neighborhood, which is something that was never seen here when I was a kid. They have migrated here over the years. Yes I do still love my blades. That only became more complicated after studying bushcraft here on this forum, and then studying knife use will smaller knives. The larger knife in the above pics is one I have been looking for for some time. 12cm blade that's 5mm thick, 11.5cm handle, and a tang extension. It's a perfect blend of bushcraft and survival knife from my current perspective. You guys have corrupted me to the point that I have another knife coming from Andy that is a good bit smaller and has a scandi grind.

awesome pic's dude, really good to see the youngen out and about doing what they all should be.....

regards...

chris.

Thanks Chris, yes she likes running through the woods and exploring.

As Darren said, amazing photos again Mistwalker. Many thanks for letting us share them.

Dave

Thanks Dave, glad you enjoyed the post.

Great piccies Brian

Good to have you back :)

Hi Rich, Oh I haven't left...I've just been busy lately. Working on finishing up one article and doing the initial research and interviews for three others, plus doing more with my photography lately too.

I was looking at your pics earlier, but it's been storming and the power went off before I could reply. Some fantastic shots there and I really like that parachute set up. I need to run down to the surplus shops around Fort Benning and see if i can find one. Fort Benning has an airborne school.

Nice photography, Brian; especially liked the sunset shot. So that's what late winter looks like in the Tennessee wilderness... great spot you have to roam.

Jack

Thanks Jack, yep, that's what it looks like. Spring will be here soon. With this being a temperate rain forest we have a lot of humidity here so I get some cool sunset shots.

cracking pics mate

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hi Brian, Beautiful shots chap,the one with you girl to the right of the track has something about it, brilliant shot, it might be the light or the contrast between her clothes and the flora, ace pic, would you mind if i linked this thread to one of JonathonD's? he found some tracks in a local wood, there had been a suggestion of them looking like Lynx track, and I have to say they look remarkably similar to your bobcat tracks( same family an all that)

Dave.

Hi Brian, Beautiful shots chap,the one with you girl to the right of the track has something about it, brilliant shot, it might be the light or the contrast between her clothes and the flora, ace pic, would you mind if i linked this thread to one of JonathonD's? he found some tracks in a local wood, there had been a suggestion of them looking like Lynx track, and I have to say they look remarkably similar to your bobcat tracks( same family an all that)

Dave.

Hi Dave, thank you I like that shot too. I've used a few of those pics as desk tops and I think that one will be next. There is something about it for me too, I felt that way when I snapped that shot. I don't have any problems with that at all, you can even paste one or two of the photos directly into the thread when you do the link if you like.

Brian

oggy

Feb 18, 2011
creswell
nice pictures, good to see you take your daughter out and about too, my second youngest loves her special days out, as she calls them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE