Raikey is a good man!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A little while back Raikey told us how he found a wild suite in the park and of how he skinned it and took the pelt home.
I expressed envy of his lucky find on the thread...and he sent me a PM offering me the leather - for free - he would not even take the postage costs!
This got me out of a jam as I had an urgent order for some custom leather pouches...and no suitable sized bits of leather...until the leather from Raikey arrived :)
Well there was a fair bit left for me to play with and as I had just ben looking at Vikingsonline I rather fancied a Viking Stylee drawcord pouch...
I took one of the larger pieces of the leather and dyed it to a dark brown (original colour a pinkish/russetty brown) to match my other gear and drew a 9.5" circle on it with a couple of 1" ears as the opening tabs. This I then cut out and punched 16 holes around the rim and fitted them with 2 part brass eyelets for the drawcord to run through.
As my thonging was a bit thick to allow two lengths through each eyelet I soaked it and stretched it - making it longer and thinner and suitable for use.
The double drawcord was duely threaded and the ends joined with double fishermans bends, the whole thing waxed with Nikwax and - Job Done!
It is now securely holding my catty ammo :)
DSCF4375.jpg

If only we had a Rep button Raikey would get a big helping from me!
DSCF4372.jpg

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Looks good does that john. Gotta say Stu is a great guy, he just finished a neck knife for me and im greatly impressed with his work. He managed to understand my scratty drawings and turn them into what i needed without any problems.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
A little while back Raikey told us how he found a wild suite in the park and of how he skinned it and took the pelt home.

:):):):)

hahahaha it put up quite a fight too i can tell you,....

i should have taken a photo of me stood over it with one foot on its ribcage holding my spyderco ,...hahaha

oh,..i found a two quid coin down the back of it too!!!.. bonus,...

seriously though,..its better it went to someone who could transform it into the fine pieces you see above,...

they look ace John,..

i would have made a right pigs ear if i,d have attempted owt,..

Stu,..:grouphug:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nicely done both of you :D

I miss the rep system :sigh: it got abused though with a wee crowd who clicked their mates for every inane comment they made.
Sod's law.

cheers,
M

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Great stuff. I take back all the nasty things I said about him. well, most of them..... well... maybe half... or two at least. Weeeeeell.... one would suffice, and even that's hard to do.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Seconded, true gent but cant make a decent bed time fire for beans

If everyone gives just a little something everyone gets something useful

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Great stuff. I take back all the nasty things I said about him. well, most of them..... well... maybe half... or two at least. Weeeeeell.... one would suffice, and even that's hard to do.

your just bitter cos i have a thread devoted to me,..hahhaa

bow to my greatness snakeman!!,...hahaha

hang on,..i,m in danger of breaking the facade of mild mannered, generous gentleman thats took me this long to build,...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE