rabbit stick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I'm still not sure how the rabbit is actually killed. Is the stick sharpened, or is it just heavy and whacks him on the head?

Jan 24, 2007
Cornwall, UK
Biddlesby said:
I'm still not sure how the rabbit is actually killed. Is the stick sharpened, or is it just heavy and whacks him on the head?

Guessing that you'd have to be a Bl**dy good shot with a sharpened stick or youd end up with lots of mutilated bunnys running about -No, I understand it to be a weighted stick.
Need to be carefull here though guys, something tells me that there will be a law against it somewhere :rolleyes:

Off to take the dog for a walk... ;)

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Christ guys, I find it easier with a black widow catapult and steel shot, last time i lobbed a stick at a bunny i missed by miles and the cheeky sod looked at where the stick went then looked at me and hopped off, I can imagine him thinking " stupid t**t".

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
BushTucker said:
Christ guys, I find it easier with a black widow catapult and steel shot, last time i lobbed a stick at a bunny i missed by miles and the cheeky sod looked at where the stick went then looked at me and hopped off, I can imagine him thinking " stupid t**t".
:lmao: :lmao:

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Eric_Methven said:
I find the side handed throw is better. The best way to practice is to take a 2ltr pop bottle, put about three inches of water in it for balast and stand it up in the middle of the local park/field/wasteground. Practice throwing the stick at the bottle from different distances until you can knock the base of the bottle over. That's how tennis pro's can whack a ball consistantly into the corner of the court just within the line. They place a pop bottle on the corner of the line and practice hour after hour until they can hit the base of the pop bottle. Works the same for rabbit sticks and slingshots. The only way you get accurate is by practicing over and over again.

Eric
Reading this has just reminded me of something my father told me. He was on his way to the local pub during the last war when food was scarce and there was money back on empty bottles. He had a lemonade bottle with him and spotted a rabbit sunning itself on a bank by the road. He lobbed the empty bottle at the rabbit, killed it, so meal for the family, and still got his money back on the empty bottle. :lmao:

Woods Wanderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 26, 2006
lincolnshire
i can remember reading somthing about large ones being used to break the legs of kangaroos has anyone else heqard of that i lad i used to know a bit 'here' a bit 'there' lol counrty lad used to wait till the ducks slept in the canals and give em a whack with a walking stick

they are powerful though i was floored by one in collage you dont stand for long after a hit so i wouldnt hesatat i just make my digging stick heavy though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE