Rabbit/Squirrel prep in Essex - Help required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Hi, I've been asked to run a camp in September for our explorers and would like to do game preparation for cooking over a fire - something like Rabbit/Squirrel.

We'll be in Essex in Danbury, near Chelmsford. It's not something I've done. Is there anyone nearby who can help?

If you've a scout CRB you can also camp with us, if not you don't need a CRB to be there during the day.

May 14, 2012
Felsted
Rabbit is the easiest, i do them with my scouts and its really easy to do, start with a small cut on the belly and then get your hands under the skin and move your fingers around under the skin to loosen, cutting off the legs help you pull the skin off, if you get it right you can pull the skin up to its head, then knife through to remove the head, a simple but very shallow slit in the belly as you dont want to rupture the stomach contents pull out which is lovely and smelly, i suggest bringing lemon juice which removes the smell. then green stick down the neck and out the bum hole and your done

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Rabbit is the easiest, i do them with my scouts and its really easy to do, start with a small cut on the belly and then get your hands under the skin and move your fingers around under the skin to loosen, cutting off the legs help you pull the skin off, if you get it right you can pull the skin up to its head, then knife through to remove the head, a simple but very shallow slit in the belly as you dont want to rupture the stomach contents pull out which is lovely and smelly, i suggest bringing lemon juice which removes the smell. then green stick down the neck and out the bum hole and your done

I usually cut around the vent area as well, it all comes out then. No nasty tube bits left inside. You can start with a small cut up the back instead, no danger of damaging internal organs then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE