Rab alpine 900 -18c bag 232 quid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
i believe this is a bargain, but if not do tell. Far too warm for me, ill never need it unless i start going to norway, but for 232 quid you get this

Ive been looking at the 700xl which is more my temperature grade

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
It a pretty good price (although I think round Black Friday they went as low as £180), but a quick look around the normal suspects are fairly similar. Cotswolds have it at the same price, although I notice it says it the 2018 model! Since Snow & Rock is part of the Cotswolds group, I suspect they are segmenting the market. Open Air in Cambridge (a great shop, and now essentially my closest independent store) has it at £234 with free delivery. And Go Outdoors have it at £259, but with the 10% off at the checkout, its £233...

I am on various email lists for shops (once you've bought something on deal, they tend to email you endlessly), and because of the lockdown, those Easter/Spring sales are going on longer and perhaps deeper than usual. And because everything is online only at the moment, their websites tend to vaguely match each other - they are trying to move product..

I think prices might go down further - even after stores reopen (and I work part time in retail, so I am hoping its sooner rather than later), there is going to be a lot of stock stuck in stores, and shops desperate to move it. I am hoping good companies dont go under, but its going to be tough.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Not that good really. The 700 xl is more expensive, so they are obviously flogging those 900s off, ill just have to wait till black friday, 180 is a bargain.

Its not a bad price for a 900, which is able to be found in a fair number of stores, including Go Outdoors, but yeah, it has been cheaper in the past. I dont want to even think about Black Friday this year....

The 700 does come in around £200, if you look around. The equivalent ME 750 is about £225 at Trekkit..

With the Go Outdoors price match promise it would take it down to around £200 mark?

Give them a go - as long as you have a reasonable case, why not give it a try?

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Cheers, i may well give it a go, but i really object to being penalised for being tall.

Yep - getting something to fit can be tough. I wondered if ME had anything about the same price, and I was amazed to find that they did their Classic 750 in a XXL! Where you can find one is another matter, but there is a market.

There is always PhD if you do want XXL - pricey but lovely. And the Bargain box has been refilled!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE