R&D pocket stove / multi fuel candle?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Like it, love it! I would buy one, I like it that much! With regard to a striker, I'm thinking something like a oxyacetylene sparker but more in keeping with milled billet...

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Very smart looking bit of kit that. I'd buy one

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
Are you making these on a CNC lathe or a manual lathe? I'd love to have a go at something similar on the Bantam we have at school once I go back.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Cracking work there, very nice. I'd buy one. I have one of these and I'm sure I could find a way to attach it to the cap it throws nice sparks with gold flints so the two would be perfect companions.

brass-flint-striker.jpg

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Are you making these on a CNC lathe or a manual lathe? I'd love to have a go at something similar on the Bantam we have at school once I go back.

No CNC just a small lathe. You will need a rotary table of some sort to drill the holes.

Cracking work there, very nice. I'd buy one. I have one of these and I'm sure I could find a way to attach it to the cap it throws nice sparks with gold flints so the two would be perfect companions.

attachment.php

I was going to make one of those. Scrap the idea then.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a really nicely executed piece of work, that would be a pleasure to have in a pocket..........Very classy indeed :)

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Took delivery of some viton o-rings today. They say it can handle temperature up to 280 degrees C. Will test them out.

That's a really nicely executed piece of work, that would be a pleasure to have in a pocket..........Very classy indeed :)

thank you. The brass is a heavy one to carry around

What BR said, Don't scrap yours as I'm sure it would be better and another different version would feed my addiction for all things fire related.

:eek: We will see. Never know when some funny ideas will pop into my head.

Last edited:

GrizzlyGrant

Jul 18, 2015
Wales
WOW!! when can i buy one... The machining looks very impressive, proper quality fabrication. How about a little screw on bottom cap to keep a strip of cotton wool/char cloth, in case the fuel runs out? can still use the striker then?

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
WOW!! when can i buy one... The machining looks very impressive, proper quality fabrication. How about a little screw on bottom cap to keep a strip of cotton wool/char cloth, in case the fuel runs out? can still use the striker then?

Thank you.

Working on one with a bottom opening. The existing models can be packed with cotton in the tank.

There are so many ideas in my head at the moment! :confused:

GrizzlyGrant

Jul 18, 2015
Wales
The options are endless, perhaps give the buyer additional extras such as stack on storage, spare wicks, lanyard? Have you looked into anodising or any other finishes? I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Anything is possible. I have no set-up for anodising yet but have been wanting to start that. Not many options for finishing due to the heat.

This is the new one without screw tread. The wick inset will be press fit. The tube is stainless steel.

P8170022_zpsvtpsl79b.jpg

P8170021_zpszjsguhat.jpg

P8170023_zps2tbpegyq.jpg

P8170024_zpsropbeokf.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE