"Quotes"?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I couldn't find this on a thread anywhere so forgive me if it has been covered before.

When replying to a post i notice some people are able to put a portion of someone elses post in a different coloured box marked "Quote"

What white man's magic is this and could someone explain to me how to do it? :D

Many thanks

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
ArkAngel said:
I couldn't find this on a thread anywhere so forgive me if it has been covered before.

When replying to a post i notice some people are able to put a portion of someone elses post in a different coloured box marked "Quote"

What white man's magic is this and could someone explain to me how to do it? :D

Many thanks

Click the "Quote" button on bottom right of a post to get the result as you see above this typing.

A pic to clearify :D

QuoteBCUK.jpg

EDIT to add:
You can also copy and paste the text you want to quote and place it between so called 'tags', which in this case is [#QUOTE=@@@@] copy and paste text here from the person you want to quote [/QUOTE#]

- Remove the # sign, I added these to show you how the quote tags look like, but they don't appear normally, so made them visible with this # sign.

- On the place were the @ signs are, you place the (forum) name of the person you quote.

Hope this helps

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Ed said:
Well done ArkAngel, you finally got it :).... and well done Ahjno for your patience and helping out.... have some rep :D

Ed

Indeed thanks again, i threw some rep in your direction earlier.

See now i know how there will be no stopping me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE