Quick overnight on the coast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
A couple of weeks ago I got the opportunity for a quick night out on the coast.
Didnt feel the need to take much gear with me so kept things simple
Arrived at the coast around 8pm and found somewhere quiet to leave the car. Bag on sleeping bag over shoulder and set off walking. Now this time of day there were still plenty of folk about so steady wander on the beach for an hour or so then decided time to find a bed for the night.
Cliff tops it was and a nice secluded spot overlooking the surf. Due to it being a quick trip I kept food simple, potato soup with grated cheese and some salami chopped in.

Good nights sleep was had but had to open my bag a couple of times to cool off.
Following morning was Oats and coffee from the comfort of my pit looking out at a wonderful if slightly hazy sunrise. Now here I see the mistake I made, yup I nodded off again until a wet and slightly energetic Spaniel decided to come and say hello.
Dont know if it's the sea air but I always sleep well when on the coast.

07.00 up and packed away and time to go supprise the Mrs and kids who were staying in town a half hour walk away.
19c330fd60c3a67092c4fc6cf93726ee.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Sounds like a good day and night to me :) Although are you sure you brought alone enough chocolate and coffee? That would last me weeks.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
On second look I can see a larger bay opening out . I have a couple of great spots marked out up my way , need to get in gear and give them a go , I really fancy the idea of waking up on the cliff top .....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE