quick drying shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
does anyone use the sweat wicking polyester sport shirts?

I have some, but only use them for sport as they smell so bad after an hour of use. I may try using them while hiking though as they are more comfortable

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
does anyone use the sweat wicking polyester sport shirts?

I have some, but only use them for sport as they smell so bad after an hour of use. I may try using them while hiking though as they are more comfortable

If I need to 'wick sweat away' I usually use a Buffalo top of one kind or another, it might also be worth looking into what kind of UV protection the sport shirt offers. Another advantage of the Rohan gear is that they do provide a very high level of UV protection.

:)

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
If I need to 'wick sweat away' I usually use a Buffalo top of one kind or another, it might also be worth looking into what kind of UV protection the sport shirt offers. Another advantage of the Rohan gear is that they do provide a very high level of UV protection.

I used the shirt hiking last week, it was excellent for the hot weather as it stays drier therefore is more comfortable and the smell does not matter when hiking (was not too bad). I doubt I will use these shirts unless it is very hot though, normal t-shirts feel much nicer on the skin.

What is a buffalo top?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
HWMBLT is hard on his shirts :rolleyes:
He's lean as a whippet and walks miles every day through woodlands, up and down the river valleys. Usually I buy him Rohan or Craghoppers or North Face shirts, but I bought him a couple of Hanes wicking shirts a couple of weeks ago and he's very pleased with them :)
They wash and dry like a bit of ribbon too.
He says he sweats through them and they dry at least four or five times every morning's walk in this muggy heat.
Best bit was that including postage they were less than a tenner each :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230685401354

cheers,
Toddy

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The areas the OP mentions will be Waaaaay too hot for that in Summer, and Waaaaay too cold for it in Winter.

Indeed, although you might be surprised how warm these things can be in the winter, I have worn one in the Scottish hills in winter and been impressed by how comfortable it kept me.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Indeed, although you might be surprised how warm these things can be in the winter, I have worn one in the Scottish hills in winter and been impressed by how comfortable it kept me.

Yes but were you riding a motorcycle at the time as the OP suggests he will be on his tour? LOL. TBH if he's riding in the northern tier in Winter, leather would be appropriate. But somehow I think he's planning on a Summer tour.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Yes but were you riding a motorcycle at the time as the OP suggests he will be on his tour? LOL..."

:) It has been years since I have ridden a bike, I have too much metal holding my head together to even think about doing so again. I agree, leather would be the way to go, none of those quick drying options will keep the skin on your back. arms and chest if things go pear shaped.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE