Quick breakfast experiment...

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
After a little YouTube viewing a few weeks ago I looked at my black pudding yesterday morning and wondered, could I mix up some bannock mix before it was cooked? Seeing as I was in my kitchen it wasn't going to be an issue. Basic as you like, flour, touch of sugar and all-spice, luxurious use of milk rather than water and there it was, bannock dough and cooked black pudding. A quick stretch and the packet of potential was returned to a hot skillet of oil for a few minutes...
a7b04dedec750d8fcdba3f76bb8e2fcb.jpg

It really, really worked although my cooking consultant (6 year old daughter) told me that I forgot the apricot jam we normally have in our black pudding and muffin breakfast sandwich.
Next time it will be perfect!

The idea came from here, which will form the rest of the breakfast...

https://youtu.be/v5Wjfd38Ixg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
My mouth is drooling even though I've just finished off a delicious egg and bacon sarnie. :)

Definitely one to remember for the future :cool:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks a winner to me; I often use bannock to hold food that's otherwise likely to cause a mess when out. Delicious and practical, what's not to like? :)

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
Oh my Lord! Can people please stop posting food recipes! I'm dribbling and I'm hungry and it's not helping! 😅

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
Apricot jam with black pudding? Well I'll be....never knew of such deliciousness!

steam: nephilim460 | origin: netphlix_n_chill | twitch: nephilim_uk
I know! My girls (now 4 and 6) prefer apricot jam, possibly due to the amount of baking and sticking icing on that goes on in the house. One Saturday morning, as the black pudding sizzled away in the griddle pan (trying to get closer to properly barbequed black pudding) the big one just asked for apricot jam as well...
Not being parents to spoil a good experiment, I had a token smear as well... revelation! It really works, I guess in the same way pork and apple does, just never considered it before.

I'm now making myself hungry again 😃

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Yet another proof of the rule that THERE IS NO FOOD which cannot be improve by coating it in pastry.
well done that man !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE