Question to Promaster Tough wearers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
Hi All.

I'm now the proud owner of a Promaster Tough.

The only issue I have is the strap. The watch continually turns towards the strap keeper tab which i find a bit uncomfortable.

Would a nato style strap solve or reduce this

If yes can anyone recommend a decent strap to look at??

Thanks to all in advance

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’m not too sure what you mean, but a NATO will have more friction around the pins. It’s a nice watch you’ve bought, no harm in buying a few straps for accessorising. Zuludiver have some nice stuff, and a buy one get the second half price code at the moment. I’ve just bought a blue iridescent for my Steeldive. Loads on there though, I like the Croyde straps, and also some of the rubber divers.

Barton are another company worth a look, they also have an Amazon shop which is handy.

Watchgecko are also very good to deal with and have a wide range.

I’ve just bunged a vintage Bond on the Steeldive and it’s looking nice, if a little bulky underneath.

51940B9F-4FD9-45B2-AE04-F95FCF388839.jpeg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks guys
I don’t know what you sorted in the end, but I’ve just put a rubber Barton on the Steeldive and it’s the most comfortable strap I’ve ever worn. The bottom of the Steeldive protrudes like a turtle underneath, so Nato straps with keepers make it sit wrong. This rubber is grippy and stretchy, the watch doesn’t move. But it’s a two piece strap, might not be ideal for your use.

Your Citizen is much flatter beneath, I reckon you’d get away with a single strap rubber/silicone. In that way, should you ping out a spring bar during hard use, you’re less likely to lose the watch as you might with a two piece strap.

E9FDD487-2169-49A2-8BF1-D615304B25AD.jpegAD2C7BF0-5F12-4C68-871F-78BC9B317676.jpeg

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I always cut the "spare" but off my NATOs, so it's just a single layer under the watch. Makes them fit more closely.

Sent from underground

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE