Question about a shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
First, I have to say, you folks are lucky to have a gem like Ray Mears. I find him very entertaining to watch.
Now, as I was watching one of his shows (jungle survival, I think it was), he has a shirt EXACTLY like what I have been looking for. I checked his website briefly, & didnt find it there. Can anyone identify the type of shirt he has? And a comparable civilian model? Thanks all!

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
If I remember correctly, it's a Ventile shirt with a hood attached. But I could be thinking of another episode. As to where to get it, I'm at a loss for words.

But I do hope this helps a little bit!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
There was a brief thread on this a while back - can't find it but I only had a quick look.

It appeared that the shirt was custom made (which disappointed a lot of Ray fans) but I don't know if anyone was able to get any more information than that.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Could it be the Bison Bushcraft Ventile Smock, which is often worn as a Jungle Shirt? This is what Ray apears to be wearing in a jungle photo on the cover of one of his books. If not a BB smock it is VERY similar.
www.bisonbushcraft.co.uk
Not cheap but worth the cash! I love mine and it is good for hot and cold weather wear.
John

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
John Fenna said:
Could it be the Bison Bushcraft Ventile Smock, which is often worn as a Jungle Shirt? This is what Ray apears to be wearing in a jungle photo on the cover of one of his books. If not a BB smock it is VERY similar.
www.bisonbushcraft.co.uk
Not cheap but worth the cash! I love mine and it is good for hot and cold weather wear.
John

I thought it was a thinner material - more like polycotton? As I say, I'm sure someone actually had some more info about it but I can't find the damn thread! :bluThinki

Aha! Is this the one? http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=2013

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE