pyrography

ryanmears

Jan 10, 2009
herne bay
hi ive heard this word around quite a bit at the moment what is it ? is it where you burn pictures onto things and whatever it is how do you do it ie what do you use ect

thanks for any help
ryan

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Ryan,in a word yes,you could just use a soldering iron,i used to play about a bit using a soldering iron many years ago when i was a nipper.We had a coal fire also,so i used to heat the poker in the fire until glowing red hot then i used to brand the logs stacked next to the fire,making pictures,it used to drive my mother nuts because it would fill the living room full of smoke :rolleyes:

Oh the joys of youth :)

Cheers Stuart.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hi Ryan,in a word yes,you could just use a soldering iron,i used to play about a bit using a soldering iron many years ago when i was a nipper.We had a coal fire also,so i used to heat the poker in the fire until glowing red hot then i used to brand the logs stacked next to the fire,making pictures,it used to drive my mother nuts because it would fill the living room full of smoke :rolleyes:

Oh the joys of youth :)

Cheers Stuart.

:lmao:
I did that with the poker too.
I thought it smelled great.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Ryan,
I have the touch and finesse of rabid hippo but I did this with a soldering iron.

DSC03323.jpg

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Didn't know there was a `world pyrography site` I think Ill join that if I can.
I use a Peter Childs machine, which cost £100 or there abouts. I love it, its heat setting is on a continious dial and as the point is just made of a piece of wire it can be bent into any shape to suit your needs.
Try pyrographing leather as well as wood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE