Puukko made for a polish lavvu, ammo box stove.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Finished this fella for a mate whos making me a cool stove out of a 58 cal ammo box, complete with collapsable chimney to fit inside.

Both of us are skint, so its swapsies :D

Poor pics im afraid.

100_2232.jpg

100_2237.jpg

100_2243.jpg

100_2278.jpg

Yew from an old tree job, mates favorite brand of ally beer can as spacers with local Birch bark between, and a buffalo spacer. The Bolster is made from a wilcos letter box flap. First time ive used horn and I like the material. I was going to use thick black leather but ive run out.
The blade is a 80mm long x 21mm deep x 2.5mm thick carbon Karesuando blade

Posted elseware, but thought would be of interest anyway :)

Addo

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Love the grain in the yew!

Nice touch with the spacers!

Bet he'll be made up with that!

On a side note that stove sounds mighty interesting, anychance of some piccies when ya get it?!

Nice job!

Drew

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers, sheaths been and gone im afraid. Think I'll make one like this for myself, with a different type of spacer idea to the bone, that ive been working on which will take a while to make.

Stove pics will be up soon hopefully.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
This sort of ties in slightly with something I was thinking of today.

iI occurred to me that as I have a Jerry can holder in the back of my van but don't always need to carry a Jerry can full of fuel in there that I could make use of the space by making a Jerry can into a toolbox.
Obviously that's far too good an idea to be a first and I hit Google Images with the search terms of *jerry can toolbox* which threw up a thread on Jeepforums where some enterprising chap had beaten me to it.
20090729_09.jpg

Now I still plan on doing one but its got to be said that I would have thought it might be possible to make a barbecue out of one as well. Store the legs inside it.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Nice tool box. I use a large ammo box in the back of the landy at work for all my cutting tools and sharpening kit for the chainsaw. Best thing is it was free, in top condition and perfect for the job. The handles either end are good too for shifting about.

Martin K9 has made a few BBQ'S out of the jerry cans and theres some quality food come from those. Mmmmmmmm. :)

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Nice tool box. I use a large ammo box in the back of the landy at work for all my cutting tools and sharpening kit for the chainsaw. Best thing is it was free, in top condition and perfect for the job. The handles either end are good too for shifting about.

Martin K9 has made a few BBQ'S out of the jerry cans and theres some quality food come from those. Mmmmmmmm. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread by the way, it just rattled my thought process into another direction that's all.

The knife looks well done, I'm sure your mate will be happy with it.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread by the way, it just rattled my thought process into another direction that's all.

Dont worry about it :). I only post things to stimulate ideas, and pass the time.

Glad you like it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE