Puffballs, dryable?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Got a huge haul today at Wharncliffe Crags whilst on a tramp with Addo! Used Scruffs' recipe for a chorizo rissotto and added a few puffballs that we had picked from the patch. We went back on the way home to gather some more, left a quarter or so of the patch to disperse more spores and keep us in puffballs, and since getting home I've been slicing them up and putting them on the racks. i found a single penny bun, the stalk was maggoty but they hadm't got into the cap which was firm and white inside, that's gone on the rack too. I've used all five racks of my QVC style dehydrator!

Thing is, am I wasting my time? Can puffballs be dehydrated effectively?

Pics to follow!

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
The rissotto was fantastic mate, scruff knows his stuff alright. Great walk the tiger balm kept me alert on the way home as the coffee wore off. Im beat now!
Look forward to trying the mushys, sure they'll be fine.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It took me ages to slice them all! They smell of autumn! Dropped into the equestrian centre on the way home, got the name of a farrier, so will call him tomorrow for horse shoes. PM'd Mike Ameling for info, he'll know all about it. Pictures are going on PB right now, will get them up soon. Most came out really good!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE