prosecutio lamb leg (or fenalar)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
I have been air drying a dry salt cured lamb leg for a while now - while i can live with the flat getting a very 'lamby' smell, which i am sure will be much better when i have more space. Its hanging in a meat safe at the mo in the tool wardrobe in my lounge (isnt it odd how its only when you come to explain to other people how odd things can sound. ah well..) On my last inspection it was noticable that there was a white mould or crust forming on the outside and while i remember readin about trimming off some outside parts befre eating i am sure that this is normal and wil be fine but thought i would check to see if anyone knows better.
I also thought should it be hung in the dark - the recipie doesnt say so and its kinda darkish rather than dark as i wanted tohe airflow to dry the meat - i have seen air dried meats in woods in the uk and they were not in the dark..?

Any thougths?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE