Projetcs for stainless

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
I've got some pieces of 1mm (or less) thick stainless steel rescued when my work was refurbished, their all 640 mm long and would be 240-250 mm wide if unfolded (their bent in the middle 180 degrees, well 90 then 90 with a 10mm gap between bends).

Is it too thin for a small collapsable stovelike the nimblewill? Would unfolding it create a weak spot along the fold line?

I'm going to attempt a pot handle from it too to help removing my billy cans from on a stove.

Any other suggestions?

I was going to use a dremel tool to do most of the cutting work.

Andy

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hey Andy,
They should be good as a take-down stove, but like you guessed, it might weaken if flattened. If they're bent to 90 deg-ish, cut two same height/length pieces and cut some interconnecting slots/tabs, then a few vent and smoke holes and you'll be away.
Same for the pot lifter - some good strong reinforcing bends with hooks and legs to both take weight and provide rigidity.
Its like the type of project I often played with at work to pass the time - a rummage in the scrap bin would give hours of entertainment, away from the drudgery of watching machines spin around.

Good luck

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE