problems with SURPLUS & ADVENTURE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I ordered from them once.
It arrived quickly, but 2 of the items were wrong, one wrong size, one wrong colour.
When I phoned to tell them the bloke came back with "We don't send out the wrong stuff" .
When I told him it was not what I ordered, he told me I must have ordered it wrong, So I told him I wanted what I'd asked for and would like to return it he just said "Hard luck" and put the phone down on me.
Never again, he totally ignorant I got the impression it was a case of we have you money now so we don't care.
I still have the stuff I got the feeling if I had sent it back that I would not have only lost the goods but lost my money too.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
they suck.

I bought a pair of 'new unissued' swedish m59 trousers from them, in size 34"

They sent a pair that were a 31" waist, and they had clearly been re-sewn in the crotch area. They never responded to email and I couldn't get through on the phone.

The email thing really does my head in. If you let people order online, you should be able to deal with them online - which includes answering your damn email.

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
I actually go to their shop as they are local to me, to be honest I'm not suprised people have problems with their orders, the staff are, how can I put this politely, educationally challenged!

Went in on sat to buy a folding spade, there was one chap who was about 16 and clearly new and another chap that was alot older but couldn't cope with the 'saturday rush'!! I put the spade on the counter the guy looked at me as if he didn't know what I wanted. With little encouragement he got the idea!!

There are other chaps I've seen there too but they are up their own a**es, I find being rude and abrupt with the does the trick!!

Stocks are incredibly variable, they seem to change from week to week.

It's a shame really as it's quite popular and could be a great store...

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Strangely I orderd beghan pouches from them and got them quickly, now I want a collapsable webtex bowl they have but I think after all the bad press I'll order elsewhere.

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Strangely I orderd beghan pouches from them and got them quickly, now I want a collapsable webtex bowl they have but I think after all the bad press I'll order elsewhere.

And you doing good to do so IMHO. As a consumer, it's not acceptable. Too bad for them that reviews spread so fast in the community.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE