probably the craziest things I have ever seen!

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Err, I must be missing something, what has the guy actually made ?

Is there a photo or video of the completed item ?

rorymax

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I guess this is a lockable geocache? Must be designed to be the final part of a trail of caches where you need to work out the code for the lock from clues along the way.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I was scrolling through things on Ebay as I do sometimes when I am bored and see what are the strangest things I can find. I found something and followed the link to his website and I will have to say this is undoubtedly the craziest thing I have ever ever seen!
Have a read as well as he is obviously making it up as he goes along....:confused:

http://www.quirkycaches.co.uk/project-1

Seriously? This is the craziest thing you have ever seen? How long you had the internet, 2 days? lol

You either need to get out more or surf a bit more ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
So if the item to be collected is in the plastic tube, what are the magnets for ?

The coding of the lock is numerical. The magnets are under some of the numbers. The handle thing contains a ferrous object. Work out which numbers are magnetic and run the sequences on the tumbler until it opens ;)

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Seriously? This is the craziest thing you have ever seen? How long you had the internet, 2 days? lol

You either need to get out more or surf a bit more ;)

The 'craziest thing' makes sense if your' name is 'humdrum' :bluThinki

Obviously not THE craziest thing I have ever seen but it was keeping within the interests of the forum and sub forum of DIY & traditional crafts and avoiding anything inappropriate, violent or perverse.

Unfortunately I couldn't fit this all into the thread title, I do apologise!

I will try and make sure all my posts are as literal and true to fact from now on to avoid any mistake of some light hearted humour.

Just so you know homesicksteve I am not actually a hostage either, I am free to come and go from my own home and do what I like at my own free will. are you home sick? or is your name actually Steve?

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
Obviously not THE craziest thing I have ever seen but it was....avoiding anything inappropriate, violent or perverse.
Good answer.:D

I will try and make sure all my posts are as literal and true to fact from now on to avoid any mistake of some light hearted humour.
I will also try to make my future replies true to fact and also avoid any mistake of some light hearted humour.:p

Just so you know homesicksteve I am not actually a hostage either, I am free to come and go from my own home and do what I like at my own free will. are you home sick? or is your name actually Steve?

Yes, it's Steve & I am homesick. Like Seasicksteve, but without the beard (yet). :cool:

Thanks for posting this thread - it's been ... different.
Best regards.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE