Primus Omnilite Titanium vs Omnifuel multifuel stove review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks @tepee - maybe my trangiax2 really wanted to be an omnifuel in the primus factory....

:D It seems that way. At least it doesn't want to be an Optimus, that would be bad. Having trouble trying to mount an Optumus into the stand ATM, the brass centre nut has snapped off rendering the whole thing useless-something that will never happen to these.

ianreeves

Nov 20, 2012
glasgow
It's been interesting to see what happened since I bought an omnidawg cap.

The omnifuel handles it fine, works with gas on 0.37 as well as the recommended 0.45

The X2 won't light with the 0.37, and needs the 0.45! Far from needing smaller jets, my trangia x2 burner seems to need the bigger jets.

[video=youtube_share;sbCI2o80CNE]http://youtu.be/sbCI2o80CNE[/video]

Ian

ianreeves

Nov 20, 2012
glasgow
[video=youtube_share;09FD4hWVMwI]http://youtu.be/09FD4hWVMwI[/video]

This is the tangier x2 burner with an omnidawg cap. This time using the larger 0.45 jet which is borrowed from my omnifuel

ianreeves

Nov 20, 2012
glasgow
with apologies for continuing on this thread - this is really just for reference if anyone else has the same problem with the trangia x2 multi fuel burner.

After the 37 jet I tried 45, the same as the omnifuel. It works even better than the 37. I emphasise this is only my experience on my x2, everyone else seems to be ok using the 32 jet. It simmers better, and is a much more stable flame, even with a gas canister with only 10% gas left.

If I was buying one again, i'd ask for a store demo to check it worked ok with cylinder gas before leaving the store and parting with money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE