Primus Omnifuel Problems.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
First day in Canada Base Camp, Primus Omnifuel dies on me. :(

Luckily Bob had a spare stove. And we made campfires.

Anyway, Ive narrowed down the problem to the small white filter, as discussed in this THREAD on classic camp stoves.

Good photographs show the poster removing the small white filter with a pin.

Does anyone know where I can buy these, or is it worth doing?

From what he says in the thread it sounds like any old bit of cotton t shirt will do? Or you can leave it out altogether?

I wonder if slimline cigarette filters, cut in half would work as replacements?

image_3822_1_11334.jpg

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The diameter of this cigarette filter is a perfect fit. Just need to snip it off. Maybe put a heated pin hole through the centre

attachment.php

Good idea, Bad Idea?

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Should be fine i would guess. But to be sure leave a filter in some fuel for a bit and see if it degrades at all

If you need to use the stove in the mean time it will be ok with clean fuel

Are you back now then dude?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thats a good idea. Yes, were back. No blog from me Im afraid, as I left my camera on the plane....:(

[ We'll get some photos together though in time Im sure, Bob has some, and the canadians, are sending me some.

In fact I spoke to one earlier, and they're thinking of coming to Scotland for a canoe journey. I'll be shuttling them around this time. :) ]

I cant find a place that sells; the filter on the fuel pickup tube on the pump, or the small filter, as above, at the stove control valve.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I'll leave it in panel wipe, nahptha, overnight. I suspect it will work fine.

Does anyone know the product code, for the round primus priming pads which will fit the omnifuel?

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I dont know. It rained for two days. We only had wool and cotton...It was a tough trip. Would have been a lot easier at -20 the whole time.
It was -20 on the way in. Best wait for a full report mate. It'll come. :)

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Aye, full report would be cool. just curious about the temps As there was some talk of some real lows before you went

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE