Price drop: Timberland mens Earthkeepers Abington 3-in-1 waterproof cotton field coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
For sale is a nice example of the famous Timberland Earthkeepers Abington 3-in-1 field coat. It's the older (and much better!) version with the removable padded inner jacket and roll away hood. Size medium, and somewhere between khaki, light brown and light olive green in colour.

The main jacket has a 100% organic cotton outer and liner (nylon liner to the sleeves), with a waterproof/breathable membrane laminated in between. This means you get a light cotton jacket, which is breathable and safe to wear around fires, but is also waterproof! To be fair, I've never tested its waterproofness in a real deluge, but it's held up really well in all the showers I've been out in, and would be even better if washed with a cotton proofer so that rain beaded on the cotton outer. The inclusion of the hood (which is missing from later versions) really helps make this an all weather jacket. The nylon hood rolls up into the collar or can be zipped off completely. The coat also has loads of pockets inside and outside.

On its own the main jacket makes a great coat, particularly in spring/summer, but it also comes with a synthetic padded inner jacket (again, missing on some of the later ones), making it fantastic in autumn/winter too. This padded jacket looks great on its own or adds real warmth to the main coat when buttoned in.

Unfortunately, one of the buttons used to attach it to the main coat has come loose - it's still attached but could probably do with sewing back on properly. The only other thing is that the material is fraying around both cuffs. It's never bothered me, but it could easily be remedied by sewing some leather trim around the cuff hems. Otherwise, the coat has a nice 'vintage' look/feel to it, brilliant in the woods but smart enough for around town or at work. Overall, a great coat for bushcraft or just down the pub!

The RRP on these is around £240 new for a similar spec version, though you can find various polycotton ones with/without the padded liner and with no hood for £100ish. Given that this is the best version available but taking into the overall condition of the coat, I'm selling this for PRICE DROP £40, including postage and PayPal.

I'll try and add some photos below.

Last edited:

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
Quite hard to measure, but pit-to-pit is approximately 22" and pit-to-cuff is a little bit less. I'm a 40" chest and a standard medium and the coat fits me well with the padded liner in and a bit loser to allow layers without it in. Hope that helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE