Preventative Maintenance of the Fleet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jimmy Whisper

Sep 9, 2015
North East US
Now that the temperatures are finally dropping, bush season is really starting up for me. So, I worked on some preventative maintenance of the tents today.
I recently acquired the two USMC Eureka Black diamond two-man tents and wanted to check out their condition. They have a very small amount of mildew so they'll be airing out tonight and I'll try to clean them tomorrow. One has a 1.5" tear in the dome which I can easily fix with the included repair kit.
Mrs. Whisper had two from her car camping days. They are in good shape so I lucked out not needing to do anything to them. I have another decent but inexpensive two-man that I didn't pull out because it PM'ed it a few weeks ago.
I also just got the USMC Catoma 1 man tent. I set it up for the first time today and I love it. Its an amazing little contraption. The next time I plan on sleeping by myself I'll definitely be using that. It even has enough room for my dog and pack under the fly in the small vestibule type area if need be.
My REI Half Dome 2+ is my all time favorite tent though. It is lightweight, incredibly easy to erect, and has a lot of great features that range from inside storage locations to adjustable fly vents. The Mrs. and I will be backyard camping in that one tonight just for the sake of sleeping out.
If anyone has any interest I can do a review of the REI or the Catoma.

A143DC41-85F3-4ADD-BE0D-E8DBE839E5DF.jpg

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
Interested in the REI, so if your doing a review that would be great - we have a Vango 350+ and find it enoug room for two.

Thanks
Tim B

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
My first tent was a Stormproof Missouri 2.

It bore up well under bad conditions and had a decent porch. Who cares that it was quartered blue and light blue?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE