Pressure cooker

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
That'll be the Hawkins pressure cooker, I've actually looked at it a few time and hummed and harred about getting one. The main offputting thing is the oval internal opening lid, according to review, it means you can't get more than 1 potatoes in it and still get the lid on, though if you chopped the potatoes up I think you could.

Specifications

Capacity: 1.5 litres
Inside diameter: 154mm (about 6 inches)
Inside height: 79mm (just over 3 inches)
Base thickness: 3.2mm
Weight: 0.92kg

Specifications
Capacity: 3.0 litres
Inside diameter: 170mm (just under 7 inches)
Inside height: 135mm (just over 5 inches)
Weight: 1.21kg

Specifications

Capacity: 5.0 litres
Inside diameter: 212mm (just over 8 inches)
Inside height: 142mm (about 5½ inches)
Weight: 1.74kg

Specs taken from here http://www.fiera.co.uk/Category/hawkins-budget.aspx

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Rik, sound like your missing the curry triangle ....
Twodogs

Indeed I am, although there are one or two curry houses in Cardiff that are OK. Back up to brum this summer for a Wedding so I might bring 15 or 20 rubies back with me for the freezer :)

Home town of Aberdare has several Indian takeaways/restaurants, bloody awful (bar one place a couple of miles away) food. That said, most customers arriving after 10 at night are in the twilight zone and don't care what they eat:rolleyes: Hard pushed to get a Lamb curry near me, its all Chicken or Beef; Beef!!! who eats Beef curry:confused:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
The thing about beef curry is that curry is supposed to be an Indian dish, and very few Indians eat beef. Goat or chicken are generally considered more appropriate meats for a curry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE