Poundland Gear (Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Poundshop telscopic rods are obviously cheaply made, but still serviceable enough:

knoydart139.jpg

The reels may be a different story though.

I thought I'd try one of those (exact same) the other day with one of the reels and lures.

As you say,very serviceable although I was fishing off a bank in a free water Loch and didn't expect to catch ocht,it was more to get a feel of the kit.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Got an inflatable pillow from poundland today, nearly made myself feint trying to blow it up until I realised you have to squeeze the valve to let the air in! :eek:

Seems alright so far and it packs down nice and small too :)

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
the roll mats are absolute crap but what do you expect for a pound:rolleyes:
the pen knife with the spoon and fork on do there job and the metal camping cups and plates are good ,i havent bought the messtins but they do look just like the ones i paid 6quid for from ,blacks,.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
If anyone's wondering about the mess tins, I bought one some time ago. They're cheap pressed thin aluminium, with a non-rolled edge. The handle doesn't clip into position at all. Mind yo what do you expect for £1? :D

(I now use mine as a wet rag holder and tool tray for when I'm soldering.)

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
If anyone's wondering about the mess tins, I bought one some time ago. They're cheap pressed thin aluminium, with a non-rolled edge. The handle doesn't clip into position at all. Mind yo what do you expect for £1? :D

(I now use mine as a wet rag holder and tool tray for when I'm soldering.)

Bought mine to turn into a lid for my big mess tin. Going to get another I think to do my small one.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Bought mine to turn into a lid for my big mess tin. Going to get another I think to do my small one.

I bet they'd be good for making a Crusader cup lid too -- aluminium is soft and easy to work so all you'd need is a ball-pein hammer and somethign to cut it with -- tinsnips or an electric jigsaw. The cup is real tough so you can use it as its own mandrel.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I bet they'd be good for making a Crusader cup lid too -- aluminium is soft and easy to work so all you'd need is a ball-pein hammer and somethign to cut it with -- tinsnips or an electric jigsaw. The cup is real tough so you can use it as its own mandrel.

Yeah, would fill it with sand or similar first.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
The poundland in St Austell has walking sticks in, they aren't the collapsible type but they are fairly light and cheap collapsible ones break pretty quickly anyway. They are 38 inches from the bottom to the top of the handle so not long enough for everyone. Also, the ones with a vertical handle aren't any longer so they were far too short for me but would be good for kids.

I'll take a picture when I get back in later.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Just FYI on the survival shelter - took some kids camping a couple of weeks ago and it absolutely poured down. So we took the survival tents and split them in half so they made quite a large tarp (considering). We used two, joined them together in various ways and used the paracord and some old guy lines to stretch it out.

They're so light & strong we got a lot of tension in them. They were up overnight in breezy weather and were still up in the morning.

Kept us dry, the reflective nature kept us a bit warmer and because they're almost seethrough you can look up into the tree canopy through them as well, so quite light underneath!

I'd rather use a proper tarp, but this did the job really well.

Magicman2

Jul 8, 2010
King's Lynn Norfolk
The Poundland in King's Lynn has led head lamps that are bright as well as Aluminium water bottles (about 800cc) although I prefer the ones in Morrisons sale, pretty beach scene but also with better quality stopper and caribiner and holds 1ltr - selling them off at £1.50

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Got a 99p store our way and got much the same stuff. Got the fishing kit, pillow etc. Got a reasonable bait catapult with arm brace, will put therabands on and should work great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE