Pouches. A little twist in the tent!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Well I've fancied spicing up my leather pouches for a while and now being involved in Scouting I decided to add a bit old green canvas for nostalgia.

So I managed, after a bit faffing about, to come up with a Steam Punk tent/settee pouch.

Thanks for looking.

008 (567x600).jpg

009 (482x600).jpg

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Thanks guys. Lots of attempts at this one. Thinking the machine didn't like canvas and moved from the usual Evostick to basting tape.

Now, after much cursing, I discovered that the Singer 29K doesn't like glue or basting tape on the needle. It would stitch great for a while and then got crazy.

Finally got the machine cracked.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lolol....what youve said made me chuckle....nice reading about the relationship you had there with your machine....i get incidents like this with mine now and then.....one machine will do it, the next wont, the next will sorta do it but kick off a bit, almost like its sulking, and so on....i've a lot of 201's and even though theyre 'identical' they are in fact very different, each having its own temperament.....a bit of twiddling, pleading, tweaking, stroking and sometimes threatening and the old dears soon come round haha....

well done m8, nice looking bag!

s

Thanks guys. Lots of attempts at this one. Thinking the machine didn't like canvas and moved from the usual Evostick to basting tape.

Now, after much cursing, I discovered that the Singer 29K doesn't like glue or basting tape on the needle. It would stitch great for a while and then got crazy.

Finally got the machine cracked.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Nice work! I recently shredded my canvas tent after it served its last ferw months at the end of the summer with the intention of doing similar projects, so thanks for the idea!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE