pot stand for a wee meths burner?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
If you get a wire coat hanger you can chop out the hook with some pliers or sidecutters and you're left with a length of reasonably heavy guage wire. You can fashion this into a simple 3 legged pot stand using the pliers.

'Weed mat' pins from the DIY store are also handy ( as pot stands and tent pegs)

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
i chopped a cutlery drainer in half and used the top end that formed a tube, it fits over my meths burner and acts as a pot stand and a windshield in one, granted it doesnt fold flat or anything but it does fit in my billy with the burner

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've heard you can get a welded mesh that you can fashion into a ring of it. You can also buy them made up from MBD (Tinny). Three Ti pegs stuck in the groung at the right height and spacing will probably hold a pot of water for re-hydrating food, a brew, etc.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Tent pegs are great for the first couple of goes, but then they are a pain, and the heat destroys ally pegs.

For a really cheap, lightweight wire-a pound shop chip frying basket. ;)

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Not a lightweight solution but I usually carry my little whitebox meths burner inside my Bushbuddy so that I have a flexible option depending on the availability of a fuel source. (not much firewood in the mountains!) As a result, I use the bushbuddy as both a windshield and a pot stand for the whitebox - works a treat.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
You know that stuff that is like chicken wire but in squares? You can make a decent pot stand out of that stuff that folds down and it really light weight!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE