Posting Pictures Problem

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Green Dweller Beloved

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2007
Hampshire
Hi,
Sorry to get technical here, but I'm trying to post some photo's here and am struggling. When I press the 'insert image' button, which is next to the 'insert hyperlink' button I get a small window appear which says:-

Explorer user prompt
Script Prompt
Enter the text to be formatted.

I was hoping to to be able to browse to the location of my pic's on my HDD.

Any clues :(

Cheers
GDB

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I think the "Text to be formatted" has to relate to the url of a picture already hosted on the net. AFAIK you can't link to an image on your own computer. Most people who show pics in their posts will use a picture hosting site, imageshack.us is the one I use but I won't make any claims about which one is best

HTH

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
I don't have a hosting service, so I upload pictures from my computer to "My Photos" on the BCUK gallery and then use the URL that the site gives them to post them in posts.

Have a poke about in the Gallery and you should be able to work it out............I did and I'm a complete numpty when it comes to teknowlojey!

Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
if you go on photobucket and register an account (which is easy just need ur email addy) then you load up your pics on there, once youve done that there will be 3 script boxes under it click on the bottom box (which will then flash copied) and past that into the script box that appears when you go to insert an image

Jamie

God im crap at explaing stuff ha ha ha

Green Dweller Beloved

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2007
Hampshire
Thanks so far for your help.

What I want to do is actually have the picture in the post rather than to have people have to click on the link to be taken to another site.

I didn't expect to link back to a file on my PC, more so to upload a file on my PC to BCUK or something so it would appear in my actual posting.

Does what you are describing enable me to do this?

Thank You

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Green Dweller Beloved said:
Thanks so far for your help.

What I want to do is actually have the picture in the post rather than to have people have to click on the link to be taken to another site.

I didn't expect to link back to a file on my PC, more so to upload a file on my PC to BCUK or something so it would appear in my actual posting.

Does what you are describing enable me to do this?

Thank You

Yup, for all three posts! However you need to be careful with the size of the image, too big, and it makes the page wider than most people's screens/browsers. I usually make my pics as thumbnails so people can click them to get to the bigger pic if they want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE