Posting links etiquette (bit of a rant)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Now maybe its just me or maybe I've had too much coffee today or maybe I've not had enough, who knows?

But I have to write this as its annoyed once too often.

Why oh why do people create a new post with a vague subject or more then likely a few words which could be taken any which way, so you are not really sure what the thread is about. Then in the body of the post, paste one solitary link with no text about what the link, what its about, are they pro for it, against it, should we like it, loathe it??? Come on people its not that hard to put a few lines of text in.

If you want people to go and have a look at what ever you have linked take the time to add some information about what it is. I have stopped following links unless I have some more information about it.

Sorry for the rant :p

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a good point; as a Mod I'm supposed to nosey around, but I don't want to open up links to a lot of things or sites.

Give folks a heavy hint please.

cheers,
Toddy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just found a perfect post with a link in http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113450
Descriptive title, a few lines of text that perfectly describes what the link is, well done Mesquite you get a gold star :)

Cheers for the star.

I'd point out that you can still have minimal info yet want to click the link.

Good example is this one today by Bilmo

I tend to go by the person. If I know them personally or like what they post then I tend to click on their links no matter how sparse the info is about it.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE