Posting a Swedish Firesteel to the USA

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I want to send a Swedish Firesteel to the USA as a Christmas present for a relation. Any idea if this is likely to get through US customs, and how I should describe it on the green customs sticker?

Thanks

Geoff

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Gift and metal rods. 'Tis true, after all. I sent some of the mini firesteels from the group buy to the States marked like that.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They sell them in the US as well so there no reason why they shoudn't be sent there. Just call it a firesteel or "spark stick"

Red

H

He' s left the building

Tick the 'Gift' box to avoid the recipient paying import tax on it, you're not being fraudulent if it genuinely is a gift.

As for being hazardous, it's not: no moving parts, no chemical or flash hazard.

I would list it as 'metal compound rod' if a description is needed, if you state the words 'fire' or 'spark' the mail service may get twitchy.

Sep 27, 2007
essex
I always put camping tools or camping gadgets on the form, most get there OK. I used to be in a different line of business and almost everything would get held up for weeks, it then dawned on me that this was because the products often had sulphur residue on them! I didn't know that at the start but the snout of a dog is a fine tool! And just in case anyone is wondering what they were they where minerals (nothing dodgy).

Kris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE