Post the last place you visited ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caffeine

Banned
Jul 29, 2012
Earth
Just got back from dovedale (by Ashbourne) ... spent the weekend down there with my son and tested my new honey *badger* stove ... which is awesome :D

Spent the night on the farmers fields about 1/2 mile from the main parking area to the park ... he allows fires and i've spent a fair few nights there before. (and only charges £5 a night)

Pitched right next to the brook and then climbed the hills earlier this morning ... great weekend ... took some photos too ill try and upload them later :)

Last edited:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Just got back from a little canoing trip from Devizes to Honey Street. It took a bit longer to paddle it than I intended because there were more pubs on the canal than I expected!

Camped over and awoke this morning wondering if I had indeed been abducted by Aliens during the night as my head was hurting a tad!

:canoe:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My local woods :)
I hammocked in the woods when our house was over run (beds, floor et al ) with visitting rellies who were down for my Mother in Laws funeral.
I dont like crowds!
I love my woods :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Had a couple of hours chilling out in the woods yesterday with a pal, didn't get up to much apart from drinking brews and relaxing in the dappled sunshine.

Last weekend I took the wife up a couple of hills outside Skipton, she's called them Sharper and Sugarloaf since she was a kid but never been up. It turned out to be a really boggy affair, we got chased off by a mental cow and it chucked it down for the last couple of hours, not a bad day all in all.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The wife and I went to Kidszone with our granddaughter.

She had fun but I was most upset that it's right next to Ronnie Sunshines and they don't open on Sundays :rolleyes::lmao:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The wife and I went to Kidszone with our granddaughter.

She had fun but I was most upset that it's right next to Ronnie Sunshines and they don't open on Sundays :rolleyes::lmao:

Tell your mrs you left something there and have to call back this week :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Tell your mrs you left something there and have to call back this week :)

Already told her I'm going there tomorrow :)

I seem to recollect them having some enameled fire bowls for sale when they had their open day but I wasn't able to get a close look so I want to go for looksee.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Just got back last night from Woodlore's camp craft course and i have to say it was the best time i have spent in the woods. Using axes every day and learning an awful lot as well, it was even better than the fundamental course. I will probably be posting a review over the next few days.
Great thread

paddy

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Just back from a walk around Goyt valley, Shining Tor etc. My friends are trying to do the highest peak in every county in the UK, I tagged along.

Saturday night was spent in Edale, a feast of pork chops and scrumpy

And a night under my tarp, much to the amusement of my fellow tent campers, It chucked it down

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Just back from Wooplaw community woods, the 25th anniversary weekend (only there today though) really great day...

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Just had a riverside bimble.... My youngest loved it.... A couple of nippers
4e97458e-a606-3e7e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I had a wander with my beautiful (and heavily pregnant :D) wife to collect a couple of pounds of brambles for jam making this afternoon. The wander across the fields to the next village is always a pleasure.

Strange how there looks to be a bumper crop on the way around here. I was expecting it to be quite lame to be honest.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Well I suppose I should qualify my answer.

-Last place just for fun (of any outdoor type): Okaloosa Island fishing Pier yesterday.
-Last place for fun (of any type): To the movie last week to see The Expendables 2 with my grandson.
-Last place for an outdoor overnighter or longer: Again with my grandson and his dad on the Eglin Reservation about a month ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE