Possibles Pouch Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
All,

I have made my first possibles pouch and it seems a bit small, can hold firesteel and small bits and bobs, but not wide enough or deep enough to hold the collins food for free book. I will try and post pics later as I am at work at the moment.

But what is a good size for a pouch? I have seen pictures on here and it is hard to get an idea of the scale of it unless there is something else used in the picture that we recognise. (This is coming from the geologist in me, always use the hammer for scale :eek: )

Also would anyone have a few design ideas? Mines is basically a long piece of leather that has been folded three times with the side bits sewed on.

Thanks,
Andy

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi,
You kind of answered your own Q there. Get your book, get enough leather to cover the book with some room and sew up...One PP for your book. I will try and post some photos of the ones I have.
Thanks for your time.

I make mine (possibles pouches) at about 160 x 150 x 50mm inside dimensions, but they are not designed to hold books. My smaller belt pouches are about 150 x 11 x 40mm inside.
Possible pouch pics:
beltpouch10a.jpg

beltpouch9b.jpg

Belt pouch pic:
beltpouch7b.jpg

Hope this helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE