Possible Zulu Pouch alternative

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
If you are trying to do what I am, like putting the crusader kit on the outside of your rucksack for easy access, I ended up buying a karrimor omni pouch.

It's ok but not very weather proof, anyway it leads me to this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BCB-Camo-...Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item5ad875f227

I wasn't sure how the molle system worked on this pouch, so I asked Jasper, here the answer:

''Hi there,
Its a strange set-up they seem to have invented themselves! Theres a strap which you thread down through and then has a stiffened part whiich loops back up? They do seem to work and hold the pouch securely but its a system they seem to have dreamed up themselves!!!!
Jasper''

I'm probably going to buy one or two soon and modify it with a couple of poppers. I want to be able to access water quickly and cooking kit (in omni pouch easiily without going into the main bag too much)

Being so cheap I think it could be a good alternative to the Zulu Pouch.

Last edited:

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Fitting Molle is easy, you just thread it through the loops on whatever you're fixing the pouch through and back through itself. It's very secure although fiddly at first.

Cheers for the link, been hunting for one of these myself.

Although, why you need a plastic mug aswell as the crusader cup is anyone's guess. Boil your food in it's bag then drop in a tea bag or good old rat pack instant white tea :D
Without the plastic mug it all fits in fine.
Photos:

All my brew kit fits in another pouch with stove etc :D

Still might have to invest in the BCB one though, yet more pouches on my webbing, anyone would think i'm infantry!

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Fitting Molle is easy, you just thread it through the loops on whatever you're fixing the pouch through and back through itself. It's very secure although fiddly at first.

I know what you mean, have a close look at the back picture of the BCB pouch the Molle is Not as we know it type Molle as on the Zulu Pouch, Just be aware it's not like My omni pouch seup and maybe a PITA.

Last edited:

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Comparing the two pouch's (Omni and the BCB one) the only difference is the twin stap at the bottom of the BCB one and the press studs on the Omni jobby.
Fit a pair of press studs on the BCB one and you're laughing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE