possible new venue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi all, :)
just a little heads up to a piece woodland im looking at with a view to opening it up to your good selves. im currently still at the talking stage with the farmer, but its looking hopefull. he and his brother are discussing it over the next couple of days and i will know one way or the other soon.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
Very generous of you, but remember that if one person screws it up, you may lose your own permission completely. It sounds selfish, but you've put the work in and you should benefit from it before others. Be careful who you invite along and keep it small to start with would be my advise. ;)

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Very generous of you, but remember that if one person screws it up, you may lose your own permission completely. It sounds selfish, but you've put the work in and you should benefit from it before others. Be careful who you invite along and keep it small to start with would be my advise. ;)

Looking at the list of posters it appears we are all seasoned bushcrafters:rolleyes: on there. Wise words there though Phill_ue.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
Looking at the list of posters it appears we are all seasoned bushcrafters:rolleyes: on there. Wise words there though Phill_ue.

Indeed Andy, the last thing you want is somebody popping along and seeing the small communal fire, exclaiming loudly "Call yourself a bushcrafter?!" and launching a few giant logs on!

;)

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Indeed Andy, the last thing you want is somebody popping along and seeing the small communal fire, exclaiming loudly "Call yourself a bushcrafter?!" and launching a few giant logs on!

;)

Yeah too true mate, mind you, some like a nice white mans fire when shooting off with the ammo. Scaramanga used to stoke the fire nice and proper a while back.:rolleyes:;)

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
Yeah too true mate, mind you, some like a nice white mans fire when shooting off with the ammo. Scaramanga used to stoke the fire nice and proper a while back.:rolleyes:;)

Stoking the fire is something I find quite relaxing! A good bed of embers is perfect for cooking on, but a certain amount of stoking is required!

;)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi andy, yes its quite local, only about 15mins from rc!, i appreciate your concern phill, i do have other pockets of woodland i use but i thought this one would be good for a larger gathering, and giving the average age of guys here (and gals) to be around 38ish im sure they would behave in the best spirit of our hobby :)

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
hi andy, yes its quite local, only about 15mins from rc!, i appreciate your concern phill, i do have other pockets of woodland i use but i thought this one would be good for a larger gathering, and giving the average age of guys here (and gals) to be around 38ish im sure they would behave in the best spirit of our hobby :)

It's all cool, I seem to remember somebody mentioning how a member here had a permission revoked as somebody else had gone behind their back and mentioned public liability to the land owner. I just want to ensure you don't suffer due to somebody elses' selfish actions.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya, well it seems like i have a goer here :) owner spoke to me today and apologised for the delay, it seems this new high speed rail link is cutting his farm in two! (in about 15yrs) so he had other things on his mind.
its not a huge wood, about 23 acres of decidious trees with a healthy understory. hasnt been touched in years so plenty of dead wood/ windfall, he's ok with fires with the usual precautions and of course leave the wood as you found it.

like most farms that i have been associated with in my business, alas many have fell to office conversions and other non farming activities, this one is no exeption and to that end i have negotiated a fee of £4 a night per head. for that you get exclusive use of the wood for any negotiated dates, secure on site parking within a gated farmyard with cameras, and use of a water standpipe. there are at the moment no other facilities available, but i have spotted a fully functioning portable welfare suite, hmm leave that with me, so dust off those folding army shovels ! :) location? its about ten minutes from j9 m42.

so there you have it, if anybody is interested sing out and i can set a date sometime in april hopefully.

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE