Poncho Liner/Hammock Underblanket

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I couldn't find an earlier thread but would a US Army poncho liner do as a Hammock underblanket or would it simply not be warm enough? I'm a fair weather hammocker but don't have any experience of underblankets nor poncho liners.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
For what it's worth: at the Bushmoot I've seen a thin summer sleepingbag being used for just that (although it was adjusted: zip removed, extra connection points made, etc.). So I reckon it can be done, since you're not hammocking in extremes.

HTH

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've used an older version of the Nomad Tropical Quilt as an underblanket and it's probably of a similar warmth. The only let down was lack of planning on my behalf - I used it on a Henessey and forgot to take stretchy bits :eek: . I was comfortably warm in mid October though - I only tried it the once before changing tack and trying something else.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Scoman,

I took the poncho liner and doubled both ends (+/- 4 cm) with my trusty sewing machine. Now I just thread a bungy on each side and couple the bungies at the carabiners holding my hammock. Crude but effective underblanket

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE